Friday, October 2, 2009

14 week appointment

Yesterday I had my 14 month appointment. My mom and Isabella went with me. We got to hear the heartbeat again (racing away at 160 beats per minute!) The second he put the doppler on we heard it which is always nice when they don't have to search around for it! Isabella will now copy the sound when you ask her how her little brother or sister's heart sounds. It is super cute!

I will be getting that dreaded phone call any time in the next week to set up my shots starting in two weeks! The more I think about getting a shot every week the more I dread it! Hopefully they are not painful! I am lucky though because I am going to have a home health nurse come to my house to give them so I don't have to go to the doctor's every single week! I never thought I would be someone who has a home health nurse come visit me though! I am just keeping my fingers crossed that these shots work out cause I have been having dreams of having a 28 weeker and I am not wanting that at all as everyone can imagine!

I did have some sugar spill over in my urine and so I am PRAYING I don't have to watch what I eat this time. I did not have gestational diabetes with Izzy - I had some tea with sugar right before I went to my appointment so I am just hoping that is it! I have also gained 5 pounds! 5 POUNDS!!! It seems like so much cause last time with Izzy I was so sick that I had lost 5 pounds in the beginning!

Don't worry people the chance of me having twins is slim! Twice we have heard only 1 heartbeat and he told me my uterus was the right size! When you have 4-5 people come up and ask if you are having twins cause of your size you start to worry - but my worrying is decreased quite a bit after this appointment!

Well that is it. My next post I PROMISE I will have pictures added so you can see how absolutely adorable Isabella is getting :). Also I will be taking a picture of my belly and post it so everyone can see how GIGANTIC my belly is getting already!! Stay tuned!

1 comment: