Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Perinatal Appointment

Went to the specialist today for my 24 week appointment. They measured little peanut which was nice. She is measuring 1 pound 13 ounces, which is 2 weeks ahead (she is measuring 26 weeks). I think I am okay with her measuring a little ahead in case I do deliver her a little early - gives her more mass to her body and hopefully helps her along!

They looked at my cervix again, and it still has the funneling going on. He measured my cervix and this time it was 2.7 cm. Last week it was 3 cm. The doctor said he is not concerned unless it is less than 2cm at this point. I asked if it was concerning that it is slowly getting shorter and he said that most women's cervix shortens a little in preparation for labor, but I just have to be extra cautious about going into preterm labor. That being said, since I am at higher risk, he said he did not want me returning to work until 32 to 34 weeks, because than if I went into labor than things most likely would be okay. So does anybody know of any way I could make money while sitting on my butt at home?? Hahaha.

The good news is that he does not think I have an incompetent cervix, which is nice to know for the next pregnancy. If I had an incompetent cervix than I would have to have a cerclage placed for the next one and I would not want that (that is if we have another baby). I will go back to see the perinatologist again in 1 month to recheck the growth of the baby. So I am finally get a break from doctors for a little while (besides getting my shot every week). Let's just hope I don't start having issues with contractions! Thanks to all who have expressed their thoughts and concerns towards us in this situation! We are blessed for every week we have that this baby can stay and grow!! And I am super blessed to be spending time at home with my beautiful daughter!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Becky! I'm glad to hear that everything is going okay. I know it can be really scary with each appointment hoping that everything is just fine. I'll be praying that you keep that little girl in your belly for another month! A friend of mine delivered her little one last year at 27 weeks and she is going through another pregnancy now with the same concerns as you. Hopefully everyone will keep their babies in the ovens until at least 37 weeks. Good luck and keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's smart to stay away from work until at least 32 weeks. Then, maybe we'll get to see you fro about 4 weeks before you deliver :) As far as money, maybe you could sell some stuff on ebay, or offer to babysit peoples kids if they will bring them to you. Good luck. Glad she's doing okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you are going to be staying at home and keeping that baby in your belly! In just a couple of weeks we can hang out when I am on break!

    ReplyDelete