The girls started developing pretty significant coughs right after Christmas. I took them into Northland urgent care Monday night and was told it was croup. They were both started on steroids and I feel like it helped Izzy. Brooklynn's cough got worse as the week went on and on Thursday at my mom's she started having some wheezing, so we decided to take her into the ER. They hooked her up to the monitor and her oxygen levels were lower 90s and she was wheezing pretty significantly. After two albuterol treatments, two deep suctioning sessions, one racemic epinephrine treatment and eight hours later with no change in her oxygen levels, they decided to admit her to the hospital for observation. Before admitting her they checked for RSV and guess what....she had it! Ya the thing I was told in urgent care not to worry about because she is older she ended up being admitted for. This child can't do anything by the books.
Thank goodness we were only in the hospital for the night and by the time we were discharged her wheezing was non existant,her oxygen levels were mid to upper 90s, and she required no treatment on the floor! I was very grateful it was only one night because Brooklynn did not want to stay in the crib at all and the monitors were driving me crazy! I feel bad for parents who have to deal with it all the time! Every time I got Brooklynn to sleep and tried to lay her down in the crib, her monitor would ring off because either the EKG patch came off or it was not picking up and it was wake her up! I am just grateful that i was able to stay the night with her, I don't know what I would have done if I had to leave her!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment