Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Coupon Trip July 4th

So I went to do my weekly trip to CVS and Walgreens and did pretty good I think. I saved 53% off what I would have normally spent (this included items that I did not have really great coupons on but needed such as diapers). I told you I would keep track of things I did buy and I how I got them low so here goes.

At CVS:
Hershey Delight $1.19
- I used my extracare card at the kiosk and received a free hershey delight coupon. So after this coupon, this item was FREE!
Coke 2 Liter Originally Priced $1.99 on sale for 0.69. No coupons, just a good deal so I bought 2.
Gilette Fusion Razor Priced $9.99
- Had a $4.00 coupon, so down to $5.99
- Received $4.00 ExtraBucks, so paid $1.99 for this
Tampax 18 count Priced 3.99 on sale
- $1.00 of coupon, so down to $2.99
- Received $2.00 ExtraBucks, so paid $0.99
Mentos Gum On Sale for $0.99 each
- $1.00 off for 3
- Paid $1.97 for 3, or $0.66 each
Johnson's Baby Wash On sale for $2.99 - no coupon on this.
Just For Men Hair Color $6.99
- $2.00 off coupon
- Paid $4.99
Mitchum Deodarant On Sale from $3.99 for $1.99
- $0.75 off coupon
- Paid $1.24
Walgreens
Off Bug Spray On Sale for $4.99
- $1.00 off Walgreens coupon stacked with $0.75 manufacturer coupon
- Paid $3.24
Nabisco Crackers and Cookies On Sale for $1.99, and Buy 1 Get 1 Free
- Used $1.00 off 2 coupon
- Paid $0.99 for both, so $0.49 each
M&M Big Bag On Sale for $2.50
- Used $1.50 off 2 coupon
- Paid $1.75 each
- I goofed and I had a $1.00 off 2 Walgreens coupon on this, and it did not run through, but I did not take it back to get it fixed.
Energizer AA Batteries 4 pack On Sale for $2.99
- $1.00 off coupon
- Paid $1.99
Herbal Essence Shampoo and Conditioner Each on Sale for $3.00
- Had $3.00 off coupon x 2
- Received BOTH shampoo and Conditioner for FREE!!
Oral-B Toothbrush On Sale for $1.00 each
- $2.00 off 2 x 2 coupons
- Received 4 toothbrushes for FREE!!

That is my list from last week. Again, I definitely spent more money than that, but these are the big items I used coupons on. I still have room for improvement but I am getting better. We also have a stockpile building up, enough to last a few months for certain items, so now I am getting to a point that I won't have to buy so much unless it is a GREAT deal! Woohoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment