Izzy,
You are 3 and a half now, and boy how grown up you are! You have such a big personality, and you keep me laughing constantly. Your language is exploding, and you hold conversations like a big girl (like really - I feel like you hold conversations that a 7 year old would have). You are very intelligent and catch on to concepts extremely fast. You are in the "I want to do it" phase, which is really fun, but also really hard for me to adjust to. I don't feel like you should be able to do everything yourself. So you get discouraged sometimes when I try to do it for you. You are very friendly and love to meet new people. Every time you go to a new place, you walk away with at least 1 new friend. You take excellent care of your sister and cousin Mia (who your Nana Sugar watches). You are always wanting to help, and are concerned when they are crying, and have a great time playing with them.
Some of your favorite things to play with are your baby dolls and Barbies. You love princesses, Dora, and dancing. You enjoy drawing, writing, and reading. Your favorite movies are anything Disney, and anything about princesses (of course). You love to apply make up and want your nails painted all the time. You started your first all day preschool this year, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and your friend Lilly is in your class, which you are so happy for. You did a great job on your first day, with only a few tears shed around naptime. You are starting dance class (ballet and tap) tonight and are SOOO excited for that! I can't wait to see you in your dance outfit! Again, it will remind me how big you are becoming.
You are very indepedent, but you are very loving. You are going through the "I will miss you stage" and do a lot of thinking about what you really want. You have a hard time deciding who you want to spend time with. You also have learned how to throw a massive tantrum - including stomping your feet, slamming doors, crossing your arm, and screaming and crying at the top of your lungs, when you don't get your way. Most of the time, these don't last too long, and you are pretty reasonable when I sit down and give you options.
So what are some of my favorite things about you? I love when you see me you come running to me and say "Mommy I MISSED you!" I love that when you are upset, and I tell you not to smile, you almost always smile and tell me that I am funny. I love that you try to be bigger than you are, by "working out" with daddy, trying to be a mommy to your sister and baby dolls, and just try to hold conversations with older kids all the time. I love that every once in a while, I catch a glimpse of my baby girl who is vulnerable and scared, but who is willing to try almost anything even if you are a little scared. I love that you still need me, because I am sure that before I know it, you are going to need me less and less.
I want you to know I am ALWAYS there for you and I will always love you. I will encourage you and support you, and I will hold you when you are hurt or broken. I might get upset with you at times, but know that I will attempt to come back and explain to you why I yelled, or got upset. I want to be able to talk to you about anything, and you to feel like you can talk to me about anything. My life is full with you in it and I love every second of the time I get to spend with you! You brighten up every life you touch - and II hope you always know that!
Love you always and forever,
Your mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment