Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Brooklynn's Neurosurgery Appointment.
I have not blogged in a long time...way too long. So here I am making a promise that I will be better. Especially these next few months because it will be filled with multiple different things, including doctors' appointments, follow ups, tests, and (yikes) the girls' birthday!
Today we went to our 1 year follow up for neurosurgery with Brooklynn. I was really excited thinking we would be completely cleared! After all Brooklynn has been doing great developmentally. Sure her head size has grown but I feel like she is growing into it. We went and she weighed 32.7 pounds, stood 2 feet 11 inches tall, and her head size is now 57 centimeters (not 100% what that is in inches off the top of my head). Which means, it continues to grow. It is still on a pretty decent curve for her but it is now officially unplottable on the growth chart.
After meeting with Dr H., who I know from work as being pretty conservative - he felt we needed to do another CT scan. He feels like he is not too worried, but he wants to make sure her ventricles aren't increasing any more. He felt that after that scan we could probably follow up in 1 year. So here we go ago - she will be exposed to radiation and possible sedation (a lot less sedation than what would be required for MRI).
While I am happy he felt that she was developmentally on target, I was really disappointed that we weren't released from their services. So next week we go in for this scan and see how that goes! I am just ready for everything to be over and done with and for Brooklynn to no longer have to endure any appointments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment