Yesterday, we had Brooklynn's developmental appointment. It was at CMH South, and was a 2 1/2 hour appointment. We met with Dr. Little, who is a psychologist (mostly specialized in behavior disorders such as autism), speech specialist, and occupational therapist. We were supposed to meet with a developmental psychologist but she was out with a sick child, but I was told they got an appropriate evaluation they felt at this time, and that she has already been through "a gambut of testing". So she did a bunch of testing, and at first was very nervous, and she finally started to open up. I heard the words "anxiety" and that she "seems to be on the developmental play skills of a 2 year old". But I won't know any interpretation for 2 weeks. We got back 3/27 to get the evaluations. I am so nervous. I didn't hear the words autism, so I don't know if that is out of the picture, or if they felt her anxiety is due to autism. I have no clue. I will try to forget about everything until 2 weeks from now.
And not only do I have to wait for that, but I have another 6 week time frame to wait for.
Tuesday, I started the process of having my labs drawn again. This time, it is to find out if I am a carrier of the alpha-5 reductase deficiency, which was incidentally found with Brooklynn's microarray. This process starts with me, and can take up to 4 tests, and each test takes 6 weeks each to get results. So we will start with me, and then depending on my test we will see what the next step will be. This is pretty much to decide if we will be having more kids or not. If both of us are carriers, than we will not, if neither of us are carriers than we will. If one of us is carriers, that's up for discussion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment