Dear Mom,
This letter is for you for Mother's Day! I know it's a day late, but I wanted to send you a letter that I knew you would read (and also let everybody else know how special you are to me). You are such a special woman, and one of the reasons you are so special is because you don't realize how special you are. Everybody who knows you is better off because of you. When I tell people who my mother is, they always mention "how truly amazing she is". I am a very lucky person.
You are always there for me. Even growing up, you showed me how to be a real woman, how to be strong, how to be a real mom. You tried to keep me from making mistakes, and when I truly resisted and made them any way, you were always there to pick me up and teach me how to learn from those mistakes. You set boundaries, and enforced those boundaries, but you also let me set out on my own without guilt. You let me choose my own path, even though I know at times it was hard for you to sit back and let me do it. And most of the paths I took lead to the right choice, even though sometimes I had to take the rough way.
You have always been there to dry my tears, and even though I know you struggled at times to stay strong, you knew just what to say to make me feel better. I knew in your voice that it was hard for you to maintain your strength, but you never ceased to amaze me through everything.
You have taught me how to be selfless, how to sacrifice for my children, how to truly love another person, even when it hurts. You taught me the true meaning of integrity, and what it really means to be good person. You give so much of yourself, you always forget to take for yourself. I know no matter what, I can call you up, scream, cry, and get angry, and you will just listen, and when you feel it is right you will give me advice.
I know how to raise my kids because of you. I know what values I want them to learn from me, because I learned some amazing values from you. If I am half the mother you were to me, I will have done a good job. Even the times I got so mad at you growing up, looking back, I knew you were just trying to protect me. You always knew how far to let me go without letting me completely fall flat. You taught me to not be so hard on myself, but to always push forward and to try my utmost best.
When we struggled with everything with Brooklynn, you were always there no matter what. You would drop everything and help me. When I couldn't do anything because I was on bedrest, you came to my house every day so that I could spend time with Izzy while Sam was at work. You didn't have to do that. But you knew what I needed and you sacrificed everything else for me. I will never be able to repay you for everything you have ever given me.
My kids are better because of you. They have an amazing nana who sacrifices everything for them as well. They are learning so many life lessons that I couldn't even begin to teach. I know that I can work full time, because they are being raised by an amazing woman along with us. Those memories they are creating are going to last a lifetime and I am so happy for that.
Mom, I want you to know that not only do I love you as my mom, but I love you as one of my best friends!! Thank you for everything you have ever done. It will never go unappreciated - I just hope you know how much you are appreciated and loved!
Love you always and forever, and to the moon and back,
Your youngest daughter, your surprise :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment