This week's field trip with the neighbors was a place called Wonderscope. It was actually really neat. When we drove up to it the outside looked like an old school, so I wasn't too sure how the inside was going to be but I was actually impressed. The classrooms all were converted into different themes. All the kids had an absolute blast and I will definitely be going back!
There was a room that had a sandbox in it. I figured Isabella would care less about the sand box but by the end of it Isabella had sand on all parts of her body...you would have sworn we had just come from the beach.


All the kids found toys that they enjoyed playing with in the sandbox. They all did really well with sharing...and ripping toys out of each other's hands...good thing they all were good sports and were able to find something better to play with.

Hudson and Owen loved using the scoops to throw the sand around...but they both did really well in keeping the sand in the box...Isabella was just trying to fill up her bowls with sand.

After I showed her that filling the top of this toy with sand would make it go down and spin the wheels, she tried to do it herself...and succeeded a few time!

They had a lego room which was a little too grown up for the kids, but they all enjoyed sitting in the lego "submarine" and going down the slide.

I think the biggest hit was the water table room. They all got to wear these really cute aprons...it made me want to go out and buy her one just so I could get lots more pictures of her (like I need an excuse).

They all loved splashing the water...the boys loved splashing the water out onto the ground and Isabella loved watching them and getting splashed! In this room I learned Isabella knew how to say a new word - they had small fish tanks and in one they had a turtle...she pointed to it without me prompting her and said "turtle"...Nana must have worked with her on that one!

They had a toddler room which had climbing areas which all the kids loved. It reminded me a lot of Gymboree. All the kids are getting so good at getting around now!


In one of the rooms they had little baby dolls which Isabella loved to carry around...here she is admiring the baby doll...but she really lost interest in about 3 minutes.

She found this contraption to be quite interesting. This held her attention for about 30 seconds (I swear my child has such a short attention span!)

In one room they had ramps that the kids could push golf balls down, but they all seemed more interested in climbing the stairs! I was just waiting for a bump or bruise on Izzy but she actually did really well.

Isabella loved when she would find a window that she could smile down on and impress me with her amazing climbing skills...I was impressed.

All the kids play so nicely together and it really is SOOO nice to have people to hang with this summer...not only does Isabella get to play with her good friends but mommy gets some adult girl time too!! Can't beat that combination.

After we got home, Isabella napped for about an hour and a half...even after her nap she enjoyed laying down with her daddy...excuse the mess in the background...before this picture was taken Isabella ransacked the living room and threw all her toys on the ground! I couldn't pass up taking this adorable picture of daddy and his little girl!! Love these times!
We sure had a great time at Wonderscope! Can't wait to go back! I love reading your blog...Izzy is such a sweetie!
ReplyDelete