Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Brooklynn's "2 month" appointment

Today I went in for Brooklynn's 2 month appointment (even though she is only 6 weeks old). I did it ALL by myself (got her, Isabella, and myself ready) without assistance from my mom. Her weight is now 10 pounds 6 ounces, which makes her go from 75% to 55%. Her length is 22.5 inches, which is still 75% ile. Her head went up a whole inch to 16 3/4 inches, which places her even higher on the growth curve at well above 95%ile.

A few things that were brought up today that we are going to have to watch/change in our routine. First off, I can't allow her to sleep the 6-7 hours a night she has been sleeping because of her loss in weight percentile. I can't let her go more than 4-5 hours at night so I am going to have to be a little more sleep deprived than I have been - oh well!! Her congestion that she is still having could be a strain of viruses, or could be caused by reflux. So am going to be starting her on her reflux medicine Prevacid tonight to see if that helps with the congestion and her irritability when she falls asleep. She has some white on her tongue - which I have to watch and see if it spreads to her cheeks because she might be getting thrush (GREAT :(!!!).

She received her 2 month immunizations today - poor thing cried like crazy. Isabella was so sweet and telling her "Brooklynn it's okay!". And after it was all over Izzy wanted to see her sister to make sure she was really okay!

Due to her head growing an inch and her percentile going up, we have to go back in 1month to get another head circumference done. If it continues to go up on the curve we might have to start being concerned about hydrocephalus. He said more than likely it is just big heads running in the family, but every once in a while he gets that case so we want to be careful.

She still has a murmur - very soft, he could only hear it with the cardiac stethoscope but he will continue to monitor it. He said I only really need to be concerned if she starts sweating during feedings or turning blue - which she has not done so hopefully it is completely benign!!

Well, other than those worries everything looks pretty good. I felt bad because I was hounding him question after question. I feel like I am asking so many more questions with Brooklynn than I ever did with Isabella - but I feel much more comfortable with this pediatrician than I did with Isabella's when she was younger! Well, that is it. Hopefully everything continues to go well and my girls continue to stay on the healthy track!

No comments:

Post a Comment