Saturday, April 10, 2010

My thoughts for the day

So there are a few things I wanted to say now that I have a few minutes.

Having a 2 year old and a 1 month old are crazy hectic and has made me learn some things in life...

1. It is okay to leave the housework for later - the carpets will get vacuumed, the dishes will get cleaned, and the laundry will be washed eventually. However, if you obsess about these things you might miss a few things like...
The way Izzy gives her little sister kisses every time she sees her or
The way Brooklynn smiles in her sleep or
How Izzy has learned problem solving and watching her mind turn in circles trying to figure something out she did not know the previous day

2. It will take twice as long (sometimes three times as long) to get everybody ready and out the door at a descent time. I used to schedule doctors appointments for 10am...now I do it in the afternoon to make it on time!

3. Life is short, kids grow fast, and before you know it your 1 month old turns into a 2 year old who is ever so independent and constantly learning and always wanting to try something new.
But to take a second and enjoy it when your independent 2 year old comes up to you and gives you a big hug and say "MOMMY!!!!"

4. Don't read books and worry that your parenting skills aren't up to par all the time!
Yes I allow my 2 year old to sleep with us sometimes when she wakes up in the night - she won't be 2 long and who cares if it teaches her to come in bed with us!! Soon she will turn 16 and she won't want anything to do with her momma!
No I don't consistently keep my 1 month old on a schedule - WHO CARES!! She will get on one eventually and it will be one that works for our family.

5. My life would be a WHOLE LOT harder if it wasn't for my wonderful mother and supporting family!! My mom has helped me through the hardest times of my life - and my parents are ALWAYS there to watch my children grow! I never had a grandparent as a consistent fixture in my life - and I love that we are giving that to our girls!

6. Life will throw you lemons, so as the old saying goes - make lemonade! And enjoy the best things in life - such as your beautiful children!!

Well those are my thoughts for the day - hope you enjoyed it!

1 comment:

  1. You are such an amazing mother! I love reading your posts! So I am giving you an award. Come check it out at mamafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete