Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Much Excitement and Growth

Our little girls are growing so fast! Every day I look at them I see how much they have changed and how many achievements they have made.

Brooklynn has found her hands and discovered that they do many wonderful things. She tries to stick her whole hand in her mouth, grabs at objects dangling near her or sitting near her, and will catch them moving in front of her face and just stare at them forever! She is constantly cooing now - sometimes it sounds like she is talking. She kicks her legs around and when she is in her bouncer she kicks the dangling toys. Her laugh is becoming more frequent and louder, and she is ALWAYS smiling. This last week she has had a cold and double ear infection and she still was always smiling. And of course I fall in love with her more every day.

She is having some trouble with tummy time. She looks like a fish out of water flopping her legs up and down, but can only lift her head about 45 degrees...if that. I think we are going to have some problems with her developmentally on the head milestones since it is on the large side. Hopefully she won't be restricted too much.

Speaking of her head - we go in July 14th to Dr. Hornig (a neurosurgeon at Children's Mercy) to have another head ultrasound (it is routine to do one right before the appointment). He will hopefully have some answers as to why her head is growing so fast. Or at least tell us there is absolutely nothing to be concerned about.

Isabella is getting SOO big...she is like a little girl now. She is starting to repeat everything that is being said to her (sometimes to a fault - mommy can have a dirty mouth sometimes especially when driving and she copies that every once in a while - OOPS!!). She says many 3-5 word sentences, asks for what she wants, and makes a lot of decisions. She has started being the one to pick out her outfit - she will go into her closet and pick out what she wants to wear. I think this is going to be LOADS of fun to have a girl! I didn't think I would get into the girly things but I am waiting for the time when I can go get mani and pedis done with her, already planning "big girl princess parties"in my head. I am also enjoying the fact that even though she is so girlie - she still has a little tomboy in her. She doesn't mind getting dirty and loves playing sports and with boys! I love everything about that little girl.

That is my update for now. Every day I have to spend with my little girls is a blessing! I am enjoying every last second!

No comments:

Post a Comment