Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Such big girls!

This week has been a big week in our household!! Brooklynn has croup (again) which bought us a trip to the urgent care for steroids. She is doing much better now...still has a cough so we still have to put her ear tube surgery on hold. Izzy is starting to cough now so I am guessing she is on her way to croup (hopefully it stays just as a cold).

Izzy is finally (dare I say) POTTY TRAINED!!!! She has a few accidents here and there but she has been living in underwear except at night and during naps!! I never thought we would get here. Now I have to start looking into dance classes like I promised!

Brooklynn has finally started crawling yesterday! Not the army crawl (she had been doing that for about 2 weeks) but the all out on all fours crawl! She was so happy when she realized she could do it! Now we REALLY have to baby proof because she is going to constantly be on the move.

We are still waiting on the results of the urine test - I am really hoping to hear back today or tomorrow! This waiting game is insane!

A couple of cute things Izzy has said and/or done that I want to write down for my records...
We were in the car and she asked for chocolate milk. I said "How about water for dinner than after you eat you can have some chocolate milk." She sat and thought for a minute than said "That might be better." How cute.

After I pick her up, she always says "it's dark, it is time for a nap". I hope she doesn't think she has to wait until it is dark for her to go to bed or summer might be a big struggle!!

Izzy and Brooklynn are now SO interactive together. They blow raspberries at each other and make each other laugh. Izzy ALWAYS has to hold Brooklynn's hand any where they go (in the carseats, while they are laying down for night time, etc). She will even give Brooklynn her "Nugny" (snugglies) when she is in a sharing mood.

Izzy has started stuttering a little bit, but I think it is a good thing. She has started listening to what she is saying and thinking about it before she says it to make sure she is saying what she means and in the right way. It is crazy to see her little mind work in that way! Tomorrow we have Parents As Teachers come over to do her screening so I am excited for that.

1 comment: