Brooklynn had her sleep study last night and it SUCKED!! We arrived at 7:15pm, and they started putting wires on her by 7:45pm. It took them 45 minutes to put them on and the whole time she was crying. Literally the only thing that calmed her down was the movie Curious George. Thank heaven for Child Life because they found us a portable DVD player and the movie!! She finally was able to lay down and fall asleep by 8:45pm. Unfortunately, the whole night either she woke herself up or the RT would wake her up because of the wires falling off. I bet it was probably about 10 times throughout the night she was woken up. She looked like a war victim! There were probably 20 wires going from her head, one on her chest, one on her back, 4 on her legs, a sat probe on her foot, and two bands that wrapped around her chest and abdomen. This afternoon she is back to her old self and smiling and playing! So I guess it did not effect her too much!
They told us it takes 2-4 weeks to have the results read. The RT however said that he thinks ours will be read earlier than that because he is putting it on the top of the list. He said she snored so much throughout the night that it worried him. Strange, because I felt like other than her crying and seeming exhausted from that, I felt like she was quieter than normal. I guess we will see how it is interpreted. I will be really freaked out if they show she is doing something really bad because she was 100x worse prior ot starting the Prevacid back up.
Thank you to my mom who watched her this morning so I could sleep! Here are some pictures of her adventures last night.




No comments:
Post a Comment