Thursday, June 16, 2011

Start of Being a Coupon Mom?

I am making a change in my life. I am going to become one of "those" moms who clip coupons. After watching Extreme Couponing on TLC I have made a promise to myself - by the end of the year I am going to cut our grocery bill in half. By this time next year, my ultimate goal is to cut it down by 1/4! Do you think I can do it? I am not sure but I am definitely going to try!


I am starting to watch out for ads. I am keeping a close eye on CVS and Walgreens...I guess these are where you can really save money! I have discovered based on reading up on those that coupon that you should never pay for bath and beauty, or at least have over 75% savings on anything you purchased. Toothpaste and toothbrushes should be free. Deodarant and razors should be free or at least no more than a couple of dollars.

So how am I going to do this? I have been reading up on multiple sites - including couponmom.com, thekrazycouponlady.com, and coupondivas.com. I will get the Sunday paper and save all coupon books. I will keep an eye on ads, and match up manufacturer, store, and discounts at the store so that we can start building our stock. In a months time I hope to be starting ot create a stock of nonperishable items (toothbrushes, toothpaste, toilet paper, etc) so that we can not have to worry about going to the store for these items.

Can I do it? I don't know but I sure hope so. It looks like it might take some time - but if others are doing it and only paying $10 for $75+ worth or product why can't I?

For once, I am excited about saving money! I will keep you up to date on whether I actually accomplish this - and I am hoping to post when I get good deals so hopefully you can enjoy these benefits as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment