Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Sam's Results!
Finally, after 2 months of waiting, we received a phone call with Sam's test results. And they are...drum roll please...NEGATIVE!!!! This is wonderful news! We don't have to worry any more about him getting cancer than any other person out there. WE can rest easy knowing that at least for now, our fears have been laid to rest for him.
Next step? I get my labs drawn tomorrow. And the waiting game starts. And I have to say I have some thoughts in my head and some fears (I am sure the same that were going through Sam's head when we tested him). What happens if mine comes back positive? That means i have to have my breasts, uterus, and thyroid checked within the next year or so. My cancer risk is 10-80%. But I am not going to think about that now (or try REALLY hard not to). I will deal with it when the news comes. 8 weeks from now. Argh.
But if my test comes back negative - we can talk about having another baby! We will know that there is so much less of a chance that we will be passing something on to our kids. We will know that it is not a 50% chance of passing something on. And we will know that Izzy has no chance of having this PTEN mutation! And my heart will feel so much better. I will still be struggling with the daily worries about Brooklynn, but I can just focus on what we need to on 1 person. It will be wonderful. If I send positive thoughts into the universe, we will get some positive results right? I guess I can think that for the next 8 weeks to help get me through.
And for 8 weeks, we have something to celebrate. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment