Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My Lab Results

So I received a phone call yesterday that my genetics testing came back negative!! So this means that Brooklynn just had a random mutation that started with her. Which means we do not have to worry that Izzy has this mutation (unless we have the worst luck ever and both of our children have the mutation that 1 in 200,000 people have). And this means that Sam and I can seriously start talking about whether we want to have more children. Izzy keeps asking for a baby brother (she says she would be okay with a sister), and we wanted to have one more (if not 2 more) children. So now we have to weigh the risk of me carrying another child (possibility of preterm labor again, me having to get weekly injections, possibly having weekly-monthly ultrasounds to follow my cervix, possibility of being on bedrest, etc). Hoping that those issues will be obsolete since we have had a lot longer time between children (I got pregnant with Brooklynn less than 2 years after having Izzy). So we will see what life throws at us next.

And now we can truly start processing our situation. We know now that Brooklynn will be the only one at this time who needs yearly exams and testing. Poor Brooklynn - but I know she is one tough cookie. She is so calm, relaxed, and easy going that I know she is going to be strong enough to handle all the crappy things she has to endure. Now I just have to be able to be strong enough on those times she might not feel like she can.

No comments:

Post a Comment