Monday, November 30, 2009

Specialist appointment

Went to see the perinatologist again today. It was a different doctor than the previous times, but he seemed pretty nice. Measured my cervix again, and it is now 3 cm (it was 3.7 cm to 3.9 cm). He felt that the other people had over measured my cervix previously. This makes me a little nervous however because what if they measured the same as he did and my cervix, did in fact, go down almost a whole centimeter in a week and a half? He told me the funneling appears to be the same as before based on the pictures so he is encouraged by that. He is thinking that at this point he does not believe I have an incompetent cervix, which is good if we decide to have another baby. He did feel that there is a possibility that I might have had this issue with Isabella when I was pregnant with her but just did not catch it because the funneling was so small, and that could have been part of my issue as to why I had her early. He told me to continue on the same plan - no work, light activity. I go back on Tuesday which is probably going to be my last appointment. They will check my cervix length again and also measure the baby, which will be neat to know. After that I am not sure if I will be allowed to go back to normal activity and work...seems like I have been saying that a lot!

I will take the time this week to post some updated pictures of Isabella! Her personality is developing more and more every day! We went and got our Christmas tree on Saturday at Reindeer Lane, and decorated our Christmas tree yesterday which was loads of fun! I am getting really pumped for Christmas this year! It is so much more fun now that Isabella is getting excited about things! She sees our tree and every time yells "Christmas Tree"!

No comments:

Post a Comment