Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ultrasound

Before I start talking about the ultrasound results here is a picture of Sam and I at the wedding that I had talk about the last blog. He sure looks handsome!



On November 12th, we had our 20 week ultrasound done! The baby looked absolutely beautiful! We found out we are having another little girl! I am so excited for Isabella to have a little sister to play with! Hopefully they get along well.

Her little leg - which was always in motion. Daddy said that she was tapping on the gas pedal cause she is going to be a little racer...we will see about that one!

She was giving us a thumbs up...letting us know she likes her little home!

She was constantly in motion - this isn't the best picture of it but she was trying to do a headstand while we watched. It was pretty amazing! This girl did not sit still during almost the whole ultrasound!!

A side profile of her beautiful face!

This is my favorite picture. She looks exactly like Isabella did in her profile pictures on the ultrasound. Obviously it is hard to really tell but this baby has the same nose and upper lip! I can't wait to see her. Okay I CAN wait! At least 17 more weeks!
They said the baby looks just perfect...but I have a little issue going on. They told me that my cervix is funneling, which means that on the top of my cervix closest to the baby it is starting to open up. So what does this mean for me and the baby? Well, Friday I had to go see a perinatologist (a specialist in high risk pregnancies) to check and see what she thinks. She told me that while my cervix is funneling, my length of my cervix is encouraging (it measures 3.66 cm which I guess is good). I will have to go see her for the next four weeks until I hit 24 weeks to check on my cervix and make sure it is not shortening and the funneling is not getting worse. If either of these occur I will possibly have to have a cerclage done, which is where they stitch up my cervix to keep the baby in there and my cervix from dilating. The doctor says she hates to do it unless necessary because there are risks to it.
She did tell me that I do not have to be on bedrest at this point though and that she feels like I just need to take it easy. She told me no work until this coming Friday when we will check it again. If everything looks the same I think that I will be able to return to work, but I am not sure if I will be on restrictions or if I can stay full time at twelve hours. Sam has been really great and he has been doing all the lifting of Izzy when possible and helping me out around the house. I am still having Braxton Hicks so every time I get a few he yells at me to lay down :). My mom has also been great and has been available to me whenever I have needed her! I am just grateful for such a wonderful support system. I will continue to update the blog as I learn new things!

















2 comments:

  1. Yay for another girl!!! Congrats! So happy the baby is healthy. Take care of yourself, momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to keep your but in bed or at home. I wouldn't worry about work. I am super happy to have another neice one the way. Izzy is going to be a great big sister.

    ReplyDelete