Wednesday, January 13, 2010

29 week OB appointment

This week I went in for my 29 week appointment with my OB. I have been having more contractions over the weekend (on average about 1 an hour, some hours having up to 6) which I told her about. I also spoke with her about returning to work, which there is no way I would be able to return to work as a floor nurse,but if I could be on light duty she might consider allowing me to go back to work. First we had to do a few things. First off, she checked my cervix, which she said was soft and dilated to about a 1, however it was high and posterior so she was encouraged by that. She also did a fetal fibronectin test to see if there was a possibility of me going into labor in the next week. I won't get the result of that test until this evening. If that test comes back negative, than she said she would be okay with me going back on LIGHT duty (which I dont' even know if it is possible at my job). If it comes back positive, however, there is no way she would release me to go back to work. And if I go back to work, I will be making weekly visits to the doctors instead of every other week (which I have to go to the office any way for my shot!) So now it is just a wait and see game until that test comes back - I am anxiously awaiting that phone call!! Either way I don't know if I am ready for the news - I love being at home with Izzy but know if I can I should be going back to work, but if it is positive than I am going to be freaked out about going into labor!

Everything checks out on baby though, heartbeat was 140's, my weight has been holding steady, and my blood pressure looked good. I completely forgot to ask about the fundal height since I was so concerned about my cervix (she had not checked it at this point). That is my pregnancy update!

Isabella update: She has been sleeping ALL NIGHT in her bed without me having to go in at all during the night (watch I say this and she ends up waking up 20 times tonight). She is starting to really repeat things we say (uhoh - mommy needs to really watch what I say). And her 2 word sentences are really starting to pick up! It is so exciting to watch her grow up and do things she couldn't do a few days back!! I love motherhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment