Wednesday, January 27, 2010

31 week appointment

Went to my 31 week appointment (man this going once a week things is getting pretty crazy!!). My weight gain picked up a little this week (YIKES!!) but the doctor said it was nothing to worry about - blood pressure was great at 110/60 so she is not worried about being preeclamptic (Thank goodness I could not handle one more thing to my plate!) I asked about sibling policy too - currently the hospital is closed to children under 14, and that includes siblings of babies. So this little peanut Palmer needs to stay inside until at least that time is up, which she is hoping will be the end of February.

Again they checked my cervix - still dilated to a 1 and still high and posterior. I asked her this time how thin I was and she said 50% effaced. She said "You are definitely dilated, but not any change from last week)! Hopefully it stays that way for a while. I had purchased a prenatal cradle to wear to work (yes I returned on Monday...worked eight hours than and Tuesday) and wore the cradle all day. It looks like a giant jock strap that helps hold up the belly. Let me tell you ladies if you ever have to wear one they are not fun!! It helps with pressure down low, but after wearing it all day and taking it off, my abdomen felt like I had done 1000 crunches - my belly hurt SOOO bad! But it is worth the pain if it keeps me from dilating! My fetal fibronectin test came back negative as well...so I will still be working! I got next Tuesday to the perinatologist where they will measure the baby again, and I go back to my OB on Wednesday. Well that was my long and boring update!

No comments:

Post a Comment