Wednesday, February 3, 2010

32 week Appointment

So this last week I started off on Tuesday going in to see my perinatologists who did an ultrasound on the baby girl. She is now measuring 5 pounds - yep she is huge!! They told me that is about 54%, but the measurements are showing that she would be 36 weeks if she was an average baby. I don't get that whole thing I guess. I have just settled on the fact that unless this baby comes early I am going to have a HUGE baby!!

I went in today to my OB appointment. I gained more weight (WOOHOO just what I wanted to hear! Not really). Everything looks good - baby's heartrate was about 140's, my blood pressure was 118/74, and I am still measuring 2 weeks ahead (so my fundus is 34 cm). I asked the doctor if my dates could have been off and I am just further along than we thought, but she said since my first ultrasound at 20 weeks was only measuring 5 days ahead that it is not really likely - I am probably just having a big baby! When she checked my cervix she said that I am still high and soft and still 50% effaced, but I am definitely dilating a little each week (I am now between a 1 and 2 - she said she could call it a 2 if she wanted but she did not want to go there yet. We did the fetal fibronectin test but I won't find out about that until tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Don't worry, huge babies are totally cool. Just ask Sunny!

    I hope the fetal fib test will be okay! Keep me updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fetal Fibronectin test came back negative!!

    ReplyDelete