So back again today for my weekly appointment. This one was not too exciting (which is a good thing). I am holding steady on my weight which is good - however baby continues to get bigger! In my head I keep thinking I hope this baby is not a giant!! I am measuring 4 weeks ahead now at 38 centimeters. My doctor said that she is not too worried about the size until I hit 39 weeks - and she is doubting I will make it that far. If I DO make it to that I might cry every night just contemplating how difficult labor is going to be! :).
My cervix did not change this week - I am still 3cm 50% effaced which is exciting. We decided to go ahead and have me get the steroid shots (betamethasone) for the baby's lungs to help them mature in case I go into labor in the next 2 weeks or so. Officially I am still only 33 weeks but close enough to 34. I went to the Labor and Delivery section to get the shot done - it was strange being over in the hospital - made it a little more real again! I forgot how much those shots sting!! I get the second one tomorrow. My fetal fibronectin test came back negative so that should mean one more week without labor! Well that is it for the updates from this appointment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment