I went in for my 35 week appointment today. Unfortunately I could not go see my normal doctor because she was out of town - but the doctor I went to see wasn't so bad. I guess it is good to meet her in case she delivers this baby (I HOPE it is Saunders who delivers her though)! It was a really frustrating appointment because I was not seen for over an hour and a half, and was in the doctor's office for 2 hours. I went in being hungry and waiting for someone when you are big, hungry, and pregnant is not very much fun! Everything looked okay. My blood pressure remains good - I lost a few pounds (WOOHOO). I am still measuring 4 weeks ahead...so now I am measuring 39 cm. Baby's heartbeat was 150's. I did not get the fetal fibronectin test done because this doctor feels at this point is unreliable, so now it is a mystery of if I go in to labor. If I do go into to labor though any time now they won't stop it which is kind of nice in a way! She checked me and I am still 3cm and she said thick (don't know what that means on effacement). It is nice when the same person checks you so you know if things actually changed or if it is just the perception of new person. I had my group B strep test done this week too which had never been done with Isabella so that should be interesting - maybe this time I can avoid penicillin (That stuff burns if it goes in too fast!)
One thing that is NOT so much fun is I have started getting a rash on my abdomen. My sister had what is called PUPPP (Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy) when she was pregnant and she had it all over her body - it is a rash that starts in your stretch marks on your abdomen and than can spread to your legs, chest, arms, bottom. I was fortunate and did not get it with Isabella - but of course something else had to be added to this pregnancy so now I have that! She said it is not harmful to me or the baby but it will itch like crazy! And I will have it until the baby is born and than it resolves on it's own. I can put hydrocortisone creams or benadryl on it to stop the itching but that is about the only treatment! Oh boy - I do not handle itchiness very well so this shall be interesting! Folks, if you have my husband knocking on your door because he no longer wants to be around me please know it is not me that drove him away - it is the rash :).
I am able to breath a little sigh of relief this week knowing that we are almost there! This next week is going to fly by (hopefully) because we are in full swing getting things ready for Isabella's 2 year birthday - yes TWO YEARS!!! Her birthday is on Wednesday and her party is on Sunday. So as long as little peanut behaves our week will probably be consumed with Isabella!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment