So today was the day we went back to the doctor to check on Brooklynn's head growth. She is almost exactly two and a half months old today too! Woohoo she is getting so big.
Well first off, we weighed her and guess what!! Even though she is sleeping through the night she is still getting adequate nutrition because she is up to 13 pounds!! That is 1.4 ounces of growth a day (I think that is what the doctor calculated it out to be)! Guess my boob juice is doing it's job!
I also asked about Isabella's 2 year labs that I just had drawn last week (yep I am a slacker haha). Most of her labs came back excellent. Her 17 OH Progesterilone (or however you spell it - I am too lazy to look it up) which we had redrawn due to her whole lab issues when she was a new born, they came back a little low - but the reference level was 20-something and her level was 16 which is something we will just kind of keep an eye on I guess. For those who don't remember - when Izzy was little her newborn screen came back with abnormal levels of this hormone which could have meant congenital adrenal hyperplasia. Well long story short - the levels skyrocketed, came back down and almost leveled out and the endocrinologist said she was good to go after 6 months old with no worries. Well, me being a worry wart I had my doctor write for a script to have them drawn. Good thing I did cause now we can watch those levels (hopefully redraw them later on down the road).
Now to the reason why we even went to the doctor in the first place. Brooklynn's head...last month she was 16 3/4" (ya I know she has a big head). Well, today it was 17 1/2" - which makes her growth curve even higher. So now we are going in to have a head ultrasound done to check and make sure she does not have hydrocephalus. My doctor is a little worried that she might since her rate of growth is so fast. We shall see. I am just hoping it is familial and not medical. I am just grateful this easy little test will let us know if things are wrong or if she will just have to wear hats to help hide her noggin for a while :).
I just want to end this post by saying - I love my girls and my life is so great with them!! God has blessed us with many blessings and even though there are bumps along the way...I am realizing just how strong of a mother I am becoming!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment