Izzy,
Yesterday was your 3rd birthday and what an amazing day it was! You had school in the morning, but I picked you up a little early so we could have a day together. We went with your Nana Sugar and sister Brooklynn and met up with Aunt Sara and Cousin Mason at Zona Rosa. We ate at Stone Canyon Pizza Kitchen and than I surprised you and took you to get a haircut and a manicure and pedicure done at Sheer Madness. You had a great time! You did exceptionally well considering the mani pedi took 45 minutes! You were so excited to get pampered. You had butterflies and stripes painted on your toes and polka dots painted on your fingernails. We picked out your birthday party outfit, and than went home to wait for daddy. When he came we gave you your birthday presents - you opened up some books, a microphone, chalk, and a barbie doll. Daddy went and brought you your BIG dollhouse (that took me 1 1/2 hours to build!!). You were SOO excited!! You put your Barbie in there right away and put her to bed, played on the elevator, and just had fun playing pretend! Than daddy and I took you and your sister to Red Robin for your birthday dinner. It was such a wonderful day - in fact I am sure I enjoyed it even more than you did!
It is amazing to me that it has been 3 years since you were born. I still remember the moment I first laid eyes on you - my heart just melted right there and then. You had me wrapped around your little finger (literally and figuratively) from the start. You have grown to be such a big girl in just the last year. You speak a mile a minute, and there are times where you brain moves faster than your mouth so you make up words to fill in while you try to process what you want to say. You love your little sister more than I ever could have imagined which to me is one of your best qualities. You always try to make sure she is taken care of. Even when you get mad at her for playing with your toys you will usually go grab her a toy to play with instead.
Your drive to learn new things amazes me every day. You catch on to concepts so quickly and learn so fast. You are so creative and imaginative and I love that about you. You have changed my life in every way possible and have made me such a better person. I have changed more in three years due to being your mom than I have in the 23 years prior. You show me how to enjoy life (big things and little things) and to appreciate everything around me. Your fascination with the world astonishes me.
Every year gets better with you in it. I can't wait to see what this next year is going to bring to our world. I just know you are going to grow into such an amazing human being! Yes, you are stubborn, occasionally throw fits, and at times want things EXACTLY your way, but you also are loving, and determined, and so full of life and energy! Thank you for enriching my life as much as you have! I love every part of you!
Love always,
your mommy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment