Monday, August 10, 2009

First OB appointment

So today I went to my first OB appointment. I am currently not quite 7 weeks along. What are some things I learned today? Well first off, I found out because of my previous history with preterm labor at 32 weeks and preterm birth at 36 weeks, I am going to have to get a shot called 17 progesterone starting at 17 weeks and going until 37 weeks. This is a shot I have to get every week during that time. It is supposed to significantly reduce my risk of going into preterm labor again. It can still happen, but my OB said she has had to use mag sulfate only a quarter of what she used to after starting this shot. So while getting shots every week for 20 week is REALLY going to suck, if I don't have to be cooped up in the hospital again for 2 weeks that would be worth it.

So now I have scheduled my next appointment in which Sam and I will HOPEFULLY be able to hear the heartbeat. This is the part I remember that really stinks...waiting until that moment when you know that the baby is growing the way it should be. If I have any bleeding before my next appointment, I call and get an ultrasound. While I would LOVE an early ultrasound, I really don't want to have any bleeding to have to get it.

So what is new with Isabella?? Well, she is really excited about having a little brother or sister. Not really - she doesn't even know what in the world is going on. All she knows is she had to be at the doctor's office today in the waiting room with my mom and nephews for 2 hours - sorry Mom, Jake, Devon, and Isabella! I know that really was a LOOOONG time to wait with a 17 month old.

She is also saying more words now - and really trying to be independent. She is starting to throw tantrums...especially in public - like screaming, throwing her head back tantrums. Yep- I have officially become the mom with the screaming toddler who I used to look at and say it would never be me. And what is worse is that my mom says Isabella doesn't do that to her...what does that mean? Should I be rethinking my parenting skills?

We have also gotten her a big girl potty to try to use! She now likes to sit on it, without a diaper. Every time I go to the bathroom she has to "go" too. I guess at Sam's parent's house they noticed that she had to poop she they put her on the potty there and she went poop in the toilet!! She ran away scared after she realized what she had done but I thought that was pretty impressive that she sat there to do it.

Well that is all the updates for now! I will post a new blog with pictures soon!

1 comment:

  1. Go Isabella! What a big girl! She is going to make a great big sis!

    ReplyDelete