This week I had a slight scare on my pregnancy - nothing too crazy but I am a freak and think that everything is concerning hahaha. Tuesday I was working - did not drink much water and starting having what felt like tightening in my abdomen. Felt like it was nothing so went home and just relaxed. The next day I was off and relaxed at home all day. I felt horrible cause Isabella is the most active person in the world and it was driving her nuts that I was just being lazy!
Wednesday I went in to work, with no feelings of tightening...until the mid morning. I had like one or two probably the whole morning so I started chugging water. I had about 4 16 ounce cups of water in about 2 hours, which on a pregnancy bladder makes you have to go CONSTANTLY! Well, starting about 1200 after lunch I started having tightening again. I wrote down my times I felt them...1200, 1205, 1215, 1230...hmmm maybe I should relax right? So I try sitting down and I was still having about 5-6 in an hour for 2 hours. So I called my OB - nurse said to lay down and drink water! HAHAHA YA RIGHT! I work in a hospital - how are you supposed to lay down when you have patients to care for? Well, I had about 3 more in a 15 minute period so I called my resource nurse over - who so kindly told me to go lay down. Than the charge nurse told me to lay down in a PCU room that has a bed and stay in there for 1 hour and don't come out - she would figure out what to do with my patients. During that hour I had about 5 tightenings. They than sent me home for the day. I went home and relaxed - as long as I was laying down I did not have anything, as soon as I got up I started having them again. Called into work the next day so I could stay off my feet and just take it easy...which seemed to help. I still had a few throughout the day but nothing like the day before!
So moral of this story?? Braxton Hicks are a bitch :) (pardon my language people haha).
This weekend we did have some fun times though. We had a wedding of one of Sam's high school buddies at which he was a groomsman. So while he was doing all the pictures and stuff for the wedding party - I got to pamper myself and get my hair did :). It was wonderful! For the first time in a long time I actually felt really good about myself!! Had cute hair, a new dress, and new shoes! It was fun to go out and get dressed up for once. I would post a couple of pictures but camera card is acting up on my computer! We had a good time, but I did learn that dancing for more than 2 songs would bring on those nasty Braxton Hicks again! Tomorrow I start my stretch of 3 in a row at work...Hopefully with lots of water they will stay away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I hope those braxton hicks go far, far away from you!! PS, I am waiting for your text with your big news!! I have my phone in my pocket!! :o)
ReplyDeleteHopefully you wont have too many more. i had braxton hicks all the time from week 20 on. They thought I was in preterm labor several times and I was even dialating. In the end I was induced at 40 weeks, so dont stress too much, it will just make it worse. Try to take it easy, altough I am sure that is near impossible with a toddler.
ReplyDeleteHey did you have your sonogram yesterday? I hope everything is good and your baby girl or boy is healthy.