I went in for my 36 week appointment with my OB. Needless to say she was shocked about baby's size (remember- 8 pounds 15 ounces!!). She told me that she would be afraid if I went full term that I would have to deliver by c-section due to risk of not being able to get the baby out. She said even if they were off by 1 pound this baby could very well be a 9 to 10 pound baby. So, we decided that I would not get my last progesterone shot today and hope that I go into labor on my own early. If not, than I have an amniocentesis scheduled for next Wednesday to check for lung maturity and if they are mature, than I have my induction date set for next Friday, March 12th!! Big news.
She did check my cervix and I am now 4 cm dilated, 75% effaced with baby dropping lower, so starting to bring my cervix forward. I am measuring 39 weeks, which is probably due to her dropping a little lower. So now it is just a wait and see game if I go into labor on my own or if I have to wait until next next week and have this baby through medical magic!! I am super nervous but super excited!! Today was a big day!
Besides that Isabella turned 2 today!! She is getting so big. We had the parents as teachers lady come by for the first time this week. She said Isabella is on point with everything and that she is actually above on some things (We knew our child was a genius!!). I will post more on her 2nd birthday adventures once I upload some pictures to our computer! We all had a wonderful day watching her turn the big 2!! We love her so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4cm and 75% effaced...come on labor that's your clue to start already!! Good luck with everything Beckie, can't wait to see pictures of your new little one.
ReplyDeleteGood luck Beckie! I might bet that it happens this week, the way Izzy was 'induced'. :) I hope to meet the baby soon! Happy Birthday Izzy!!!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting. I love this blog by the way. It's always nice to see what your fam is up too. Good luck
ReplyDelete