Brooklynn is still in the hospital. They have tried to take her off her oxygen yesterday and today, and both times she drops her saturations down into the 80's (will bring herself up to the very low 90's occasionally). She is only requiring 1/4 Liter which is not much but it is just enough for her to keep her saturations between 93-96%. She has gone one feeding without having to be deep suctioned which is nice. It is so weird being here in the South hospital - it is so much smaller and not nearly as busy as the downtown hospital which is nice in a way but also a little on the lonely side!! I am hoping they will be able to try her off the oxygen again tonight and if she tolerated that maybe go home tomorrow. The doctor said with RSV a lot of times they will go back and forth on the oxygen for a few days. Her cough has seemed to die down a little (which I don't know if that is a good thing since she still has really thick secretions). Hopefully every day she gets a little better.
Good news is she has not run a fever at all so I am encouraged by that. I was a little nervous that she might have a secondary infection somewhere (like in her blood, urine, or even spinal fluid) after talking with the doctors at urgent care - they always worry about that when a child less than 6 weeks gets this sick. She has been off antibiotics for 36 hours so I would think if she had something else she would start spiking a fever now.
It has been really hard being here and not seeing Izzy!! She has been with grandparents so she is having a great time so I know it is harder on me than it is on her. I did get to see her yesterday for a few hours - she can't come into the room since she has been sick but grandparents brought her to the hospital so I got to go downstairs. Sam's parents were told they could bring her up to the room and she was so excited when she saw me and was REALLY wanting to come in to see sister but she couldn't come into the room! It tore my heart out to see her so sad that she couldn't be around sister!!
Izzy still has her cough - my mom says it is not terrible but it is still there. I hate not being with her when she is sick - but I know Brooklynn needs me a little more right now. She is eating much better than when we first got here which I am encouraged by. Last night they weighed her and she had lost weight from when she first got here which makes me a little nervous. She was 8.5 pounds when she arrived, and now she is 8.2 pounds! Well, that is all the updates I have for right now! Hopefully we will be able to get out of the hospital to enjoy the wonderful weather that is coming our way this week! Today I am going to lunch with Isabella and my mom and than hopefully do something with big daddy for a few hours tonight to get out of the hospital for a little bit and spend some time with the other people in my family!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment