Last week I took Izzy in to her 2 year appointment! It went really well with her weighing in at 26 pounds 2 ounces (placing her in 25th percentile for weight - which is about what she has been running) and 35 inches for height (placing her in 75th percentile for height). I talked to the pediatrician about her eating habits (she RARELY eats, taking maybe a bit or two for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with a few good meals here and there) and he said that she is just a picky eater and that her growth curve is consistent so I just need to keep offering her foods and just hope that she eats when she really needs to. Based on the Denver Developmental Test she is on point with a 3 year 2 month old - I knew my daughter was a genius hahaa. I circled no on her being able to draw a straight line (and guess what she copied one today!!), on her being able to name one of her friends (she doesn't understand what the word friend means but I know she knew a friend's name), and she can't jump completely over a piece of paper. I think she is smarter than a 3 year old but that is just my opinion haha. I have to go get her 2 year labs drawn - which I asked to include another 17 OH Progesterone level which is what was super high when she was born but returned to normal. I really love this pediatrician - he does things that help to ease my mind!
Today I went in for Brooklynn's 1 week follow up. She is now 8 pounds 4 ounces so almost back to birth weight. Dr. Lively wants her to be at her birth weight by 2 weeks (which will be Saturday) but since she is doing so well on feedings he is not concerned about that. Her weight is in the 75th percentile (which is crazy for me - Izzy has always been below the 50th percentile!). Her length is measuring at 21 1/2 inches at this doctors which still places her in the above 95th percentile mark (WOW!!). Her head circumference is 15 1/4 inches which places heri n the above 95th percentile as well! All this and she was 4 weeks early!! Imagine if she went term- she would be completely off the charts!
She is breastfeeding every 2-3 hours during the day and 3-4 hours at night, and she stools and pees with every diaper so her nutrition is pretty good. He did hear a slight heart murmur when he listened to her but he said that it was so faint if she made any noise at all he would not have heard it. This kind of makes me nervous but I am sure that everything is okay - he did not seem too concerned about it and is just going to follow it on other appointments. He also thinks that she might be silently refluxing because I told him she has episodes where she sounds like she is spitting up but she doesn't and that she also gets the hiccups a lot. He said if I feel like it is becoming a problem he will put her on medicine. Right now she does not act like she is bothered by it - but again as a NICU nurse and seeing the worse case scenarios of reflux I get nervous about this as well!! Every little noise and movement she makes has me worried! I forget how nerve racking a newborn is!!
Izzy is loving being a big sister!! She is always wanting to hold baby "sister" and will come up and place her head on Brooklynn's head and rub her hair, tickle her feet, etc. I am LOVING watching her with her younger sister! Life is good :).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment