Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Still Here....

Nothing has really changed over the last 2 days. Brooklynn is still requiring a little bit of oxygen, and every time they try to take her off she drops her saturations to the upper 80's. Her secretions are starting to clear up a little bit, but she still has quite a bit of thick stuff!! They are still having to deep suction her every once in a while before feedings!! She is picking up on a feeds better than when we first got here which is a positive! It is hard sitting back and having the nurses do all the work - I am so tempted to get the catheter and deep suction her myself so that I can feed her the minute she is ready!! Everyone is telling me that it seems like now it is more a lung oxygenation issue than her secretions causing her desaturations! I just want my baby girl to get better soon - but looks like we are headed for a week stay!! They want her off a full 24 hours of oxygen before they will let her go home - so I bet we are here at least until Friday unless by some miracle she just takes off this afternoon.

Izzy is getting better which is good. I am able to see her about 2 hours a day which splits the day up nicely. She is getting so big and I am able to carry on conversations with her which is AMAZING!! I love my little family! It makes life a little better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment