So today I went in for my 36 week ultrasound with my mom and Isabella (Sam has to work and is saving his days off for when I actually have this baby). I was expecting to hear the baby was on the bigger side...like already 7 pounds since she was 5 pounds at 32 weeks and they grow about half a pound a week. She did the measurements and the first thing she said was "wow this baby's head is measuring 41 weeks - you sure your dates are right?" Since I have heard this question SOOO many times before I knew the answer - pretty sure because our ultrasound at 20 weeks only showed her being 5 days ahead...
Sonographer: "Ya they are probably accurate dates than. Don't worry too much I haven't plugged the numbers into the computer yet."
So I got to see my precious little girl give me the peace sign, scratch her head, see her chubby face, and all the hair she has on her head! Here I am smiling blissfully and in my own little niave (however you spell it) bubble. Izzy is just looking at the monitor saying "sister" which makes my life so much better.
There goes the sonographer punching in the numbers into the computer and I am awaiting anxiously to see what she says.
Sonographer turns around - "Your baby is measuring 8 pounds 15 ounces"
My jaw drops - literally to the floor, and my eyes about pop out of my head. "ARE YOU SURE??? That is like a FULL term baby!!!"
Sonographer - "let me show this to the doctor". She walks out the door, comes back and asks - "When do you see your doctor" - ME: "Tomorrow". Sonographer - "here is a copy of the baby's measurements just to make sure your doctor sees them tomorrow. I don't think they will do anything different". Than we walk out.
Needless to say I am STILL in shock!! 8 POUNDS 15 OUNCES?? Even if they are a pound off (which the sonographer says it is only 1/2 a pound off) that is still an 8 pound baby at 36 weeks! What the heck?? This sumo of a baby grew 4 pounds in 4 weeks!!!
Tomorrow I go in to my OB - I HOPE she does not give me my last progesterone shot and lets me try to induce this baby - and I pray she does not let me go past 37 weeks (which would be next week) - or else I might literally give birth to a toddler! Lord help me!! That is all for today - tomorrow I might have more shocking news!!! Boy this baby is giving me a run for my money!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
holy cow. hopefully you have that baby soon or you might end up with a c section
ReplyDeleteThey can be off more than pound, at least from what I have heard. My friend was told her baby was going to be an 8 pounder and was only 6 something. So maybe she is only 7 lbs? Good luck with everything.
ReplyDelete